Monday, September 10, 2007

A Big Day For Paisley

The first weekend of September was an exciting one for both us and Paisley. In reality, Paisley probably didn't notice anything special except for the fact that she had about eight different baby sitters. Since we don't know eight people in all of Vegas, that can only mean that we were lucky enough to be surrounded by family on both sides. The special occasion was the Sunday that Paisley's baby blessing took place in church. There was quite a crew that traveled down from the Salt Lake area to help support Paisley for the big day. We borrowed a beautiful dress from Tim's sister in Denver, complimented by a bracelet made by Aunt Becky & Grandma Sue Ann and a headband made by a friend of ours in St. George. Paisley was so excited to be dressed up but we just couldn't stop thinking about worse case scenarios when dealing with non-potty trained beings, white outfits, and an audience. Her diapers haven't exactly been 100% of late, not to mention her new found talent of spitting up all over her mom. When all was said and done, she held onto all of her breakfasts and slept right through the blessing as did most of the congregation. A perfect fast Sunday. After Sacrament meeting, we all rallied back at the house for brunch and conversation.

It was a fantastic weekend and we are so grateful to be able to spend most of it with family. So, with all of the boring recap, here's what you're interested in: the pictures.








4 comments:

Tonia Conger said...

I can't believe how much she has changed! Her hair is getting long! She's beautiful and I'm sorry I missed the event. It sounds like you had lots of familiar faces to help you forget about my absence! I'm sure it was still hard though, looking out into the congregation and NOT seeing me there.
Congrats you guys!

stace said...

She has changed so much. She is a really beautiful baby. I commisserate (?) with the spitting up thing. I feel like I have some of Paige's spit up or poop on me at all times.

Bethany said...

*gasp*

She's beautiful! What a wonderful day. Delightful.

CaraDee said...

What a lovely dress. I loved love love the pleats.